Everyone's favorite Low-Line Market on Southport will start on June 7 and will run through October 11. Detailed information on Southport's Low-Line Market can be found here.
Tuesday, May 29, 2018
It's been almost two years that have passed since Paperchase, a UK based stationary company announced they were coming to Chicago's Southport Corridor and the Loop. They were supposed to open this past April, but have decided to not come to Chicago after all. The store is now being marketed as a sublease, and the prime location is now for rent. What would you like to see in this space? See the flyer below.
Friday, May 18, 2018
Stylish top floor corner condo in vintage building. Spacious and updated. Located on a tree-lined street in Southport Corridor steps from Jewel and all the new shopping, the new restaurants/bars and the El (Southport Brown)! Offering killer kitchen and bath mixed with charming vintage detail. Grilling deck, great spacious closets. Free laundry in basement and large storage space. Easy street parking. Only 1 block away from Blaine Elementary School! Mov in by 8/1 —Possibly 7/15. $1890/mo.
No smoking. No pets (but we can talk).
Ask any questions.
Carlos A Gonzalez
Friday, May 11, 2018
ICYMI, Rise Sushi and Galleria Liqueurs will be replaced with this mixed-use Transit Oriented Development (TOD). This development was first proposed in 2014 and approved by Tom Tunney and was originally slated to start construction in 2017.We now hear this project will begin in 2020, so you have a few more years to enjoy Rise and Galleria (Galleria will be one of the retailers in this new building, TBD on whether Rise will find a new location).
Thursday, May 10, 2018
Sushi Mura is now officially closed, and construction will begin shortly for a new mixed-use TOD development (rendering below). Look for Sushi Mura to make a comeback in 2019 per their Facebook page.
This TOD development will be replacing the former Spotless Cleaners and Sushi Mura next to CVS and Curbed Chicago has a write-up of the benefits of Transit Oriented Developments (TODs) that you can read here.
Tuesday, May 8, 2018
Whether you are new to the area or a long-time resident, one thing is for certain: nothing is permanent except change. So if you can't keep up with all of the changes happening to Chicago's Southport Corridor, don't worry, we've got you covered.
Here is a summary of what to expect into 2019:
- The Denim Lounge for Men is coming to SheOne's former location
- Foxtrot Delivery Market coming to the TOD development at 3334 N. Southport Avenue
- Warby Parker is rumored to be taking over Paperchase's backed out lease at 3420 N. Southport
- Schoolyard Tavern under new ownership
- TOD development at 3200 N. Southport now coming (Former Flattop Grill space)
- TOD development coming to 3647 N. Southport
- Rise Sushi and Galleria Liquors will be replaced by this Transit Oriented Development (TOD)
- Large-scale mixed-use development coming to 1356 W. Wellington Avenue
- 1342 W. Belmont retail space for lease
- Kai Sushi is now open at 3819 N. Southport
- Big City Optical has moved into the former Frankies on the Park location at 3708 N. Southport
- 3740 N. Southport (Formerly Chaz's Real Estate Space) is now a nail salon
- GNC is closed and is now for lease
- Taco Bell on Addison will be replaced by Planet Granite and additional retail
- Digits Nail Salon has closed, new nail salon is now open
- Ivivva by Lululemon is closed. Space currently for lease
- The auto body shop on Addison by Wrigley Field will be replaced by a new development
- 1035 W. Addison to be redeveloped
- The former Blue Bayou space is for lease
- Basics Salon at 3542 N. Southport is currently for lease or for for a possible TOD redevelopment in 2019-2020
- Addison & Clark development is underway; Shake Shack, Cinemex Movie Theater, Harley Davidson and Lucky Strike will be anchor tenants
- Cafe Tola is expanding into the Sweet Sensations former space
- And please, someone do something with this building!!!!