As you recall, Bow Truss Coffee Roasters had been set to open a shop at the corner of Belmont and Southport. However, with all shops closing doors on January 12 due to a recent deal to be purchased and expand falling through, the building is listed for lease, without Bow Truss' signage on the building. Construction permits have been listed and interior work is now in progress. What would you like to see at this location?
Thursday, July 27, 2017
Wednesday, July 26, 2017
Our friends over at Half Pint Shop are having a Secret Sale! One day only... (hint, all summer sale is marked down PLUS it's buy one get one free)! Run! They're open 10am - 4pm Saturday, July 29th!
- One day "Secret" sale July 29 from 10am - 4pm.
- All spring/summer clothing is 40-50% off PLUS Saturday only its BOGO in store (making room for Fall)!
- Have newborn to size 8/9 clothing.
- Books are 20% off. Some home decor is on sale and Half Pint Shop can offer 10% on select furniture collections, and Dockatot Saturday too.
- Location: 3756 N Ashland Avenue at the corner of Grace & Ashland.
www.halfpintshop.com (everything online is in store)
Tuesday, July 18, 2017
Did you know in the last 30 years, only 4 new treatments have been FDA approved to treat childhood cancers?
Come ride, sweat and be inspired at this one-hour charity ride at SoulCycle Southport. All proceeds will benefit With Purpose, a volunteer-run nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing treatment for kids with cancer. Please arrive by 1:30 to set up your bike and learn more about With Purpose.
Cost $50; fundraising optional (prizes for top fundraisers, such as a signed Anthony Rizzo picture, local gift cards, etc.)
With Purpose site:
Monday, July 17, 2017
Hanna Andersson will open its fifth store in Illinois on Friday, July 21 in Chicago's Southport Corridor. The newest addition to the Hanna family marks its eight-second retail store in the United States.
Doors will open at 10 a.m. to the public at the new store, 3452 N. Southport Ave, Chicago, IL 60657. Customers are encouraged to get there early since historically lines have been over one hundred people.
Hanna will be providing free gifts to customers throughout the grand opening weekend. On Friday, July 21, the first 500 customers will receive a free pair of long johns. The first 100 customers on Saturday, July 22 and Sunday, July 23 will receive a free $20 Hanna gift card. Along with free gifts, customers will be able to take advantage of buy one, get one free on all baby and kids sleepwear and 30% off the rest of their purchase (not including the buy one, get one free sleepwear).
"We are excited for Hanna to open its fifth store in Illinois. Our new store will bring Hanna quality to life for our loyal catalog and website customers along with new customers to engage with the brand" said Joelle Maher, President and CEO, Hanna Andersson.
This brand new store concept is inspired by a modern Scandinavian design aesthetic that combines simplicity and function. The design eye is minimalist, with sightlines straight from the storefront to the interior, giving a light- filled welcome to customers who step in and experience the brand.
Long time Hanna catalog customers and new to Hanna shoppers in the Chicago area will be able to explore and engage with what makes Hanna special from the pure organic cotton to the exceptional craftsmanship that goes into every garment. Hanna is a children’s lifestyle brand that allows kids to be kids with a mom approved hanna- me-down quality. And finally, Hanna’s Unconditional Guarantee is simple and loved by Hanna customers: If you are unhappy with any product, at anytime they will offer a full refund or replace the item.
About Hanna Andersson: For over 30 years, kids have played and laughed in Hanna Andersson’s clothing, which is often recognized by its classic bold stripe sleepwear, iconic dresses and tees. Since its beginning in 1983, the uniquely Swedish inspired brand has developed into one of the leading premier children’s Omni-channel lifestyle brands in the United States. Hanna offers clothing for babies through preteens; a women’s collection, Love Hanna; and Hanna Home. Besides its iconic catalog, Hanna currently has 67 retail stores and 13 outlet stores in 26 states.
Saturday, July 15, 2017
Whether you are new to the area or a long-time resident, one thing is for certain: nothing is permanent except change. So if you can't keep up with all of the changes happening to Chicago's Southport Corridor, don't worry, we've got you covered.
Here is a summary of what to expect into 2018:
- Kai Sushi is coming to 3819 N. Southport
- Digits Nail Salon has closed, space for lease
- Ivivva by Lululemon is closed. Space currently for lease
- Rise Sushi and Galleria Liquors will be replaced by this Transit Oriented Development (TOD), Chase Bank and Chipotle could be possible tenants
- Taco Bell and an auto body shop on Addison by Wrigley Field will be replaced by new developments
- 1035 W. Addison to be redeveloped
- The former Blue Bayou space is for lease
- Tied House is coming to the former Harmony Grill location
- Paperchase is coming to Southport Avenue
- Leahy and Ladue is closed, 312 Estates Real Estate Office is coming
- Capital One Cafe with Peet's Coffee will open in the fall 2017 at 3435 N. Southport
- Venus Restaurant is coming from The Mercury Theater in Cullen's former space
- Mint Julep is now closed, national retail coming in
- A new mixed-use TOD development is coming to 3334 N. Southport Avenue
- Basics Salon at 3542 N. Southport is currently for lease or for redevelopment in 2019-2020
- Target is moving into the former Whole Foods space on Ashland in October
- Large-scale mixed-use development coming to 1356 W. Wellington Avenue with an American Mattress store (stalled)
- Addison & Clark development is underway; Shake Shack, Cinemex Movie Theater, Harley Davidson and Lucky Strike will be anchor tenants
- Hotel Zachery with Big Star Chicago, McDonald's and several other restaurants coming to Wrigleyville
- Cafe Tola is expanding into the Sweet Sensations former space
- Bow Truss Coffee Roasters was coming to Southport & Belmont (But who knows what will happen now)
- F.I.S.H. Poke Bar, Milk Money, Blue Crown Wings, Mac Royale and Melt 35 delivery/pickup only kitchen have all closed at 3208-10 N. Southport
- FlatTop Grill former space is for lease
- Please, someone do something with this building!!!!