F.I.S.H. Poke Bar is now open for delivery / pickup from Uber Eats, Doordash and Postmates. They are located at 3208-10 N. Southport in the former Burger Boss location, and here are the details:
Friday, December 30, 2016
Tuesday, December 27, 2016
Amazon Books is coming to 3441 N. Southport and they are now hiring. You can browse all available openings here, and just search for Chicago.
Monday, December 26, 2016
Whether you are new to the area or a long-time resident, one thing is for certain: nothing is permanent except change. So if you can't keep up with all of the changes happening to Chicago's Southport Corridor, don't worry, we've got you covered.
Here is a summary of what to expect into 2018:
- Paperchase is coming to Southport Avenue
- Bonobos is coming to 3434 N. Southport Avenue
- Hanna Andersson is coming to 3452 N. Southport
- Kendra Scott is opening on April 21, 2017 at 3426 N. Southport
- Leahy and Ladue is closing March 31
- Rise Sushi and Galleria Liquors will be replaced by this Transit Oriented Development (TOD), Chase Bank and Chipotle could be possible tenants
- Capital One Cafe with Peet's Coffee will open in fall 2017 at 3435 N. Southport
- Venus Restaurant is coming from The Mercury Theater in Cullen's former space
- Mint Julep is now closed, national retail coming in
- A new mixed-use development is coming to 3334 N. Southport Avenue with retail
- Frio Gelato is opening April 21 at 3721 N. Southport
- B. Rose Salon at 3341 N. Southport has closed and construction has started for a new nail and hair salon
- 3424 N. Southport is currently being redeveloped into a mixed-use space with retail and residential units
- Basics Salon at 3542 N. Southport is currently for lease or for redevelopment in 2019-2020
- Target is moving into the former Whole Foods space on Ashland in October
- Large-scale mixed-use development coming to 1356 W. Wellington Avenue with an American Mattress store
- Addison & Clark development is underway; Cinemex Movie Theater and Lucky Strike will be anchor tenants
- Shake Shack is coming to the Addison & Clark development in Wrigleyville
- Hotel Zachery with Big Star Chicago, McDonald's and several other restaurants coming to Wrigleyville
- Starbucks Reserve is coming to the office building retail space at Wrigley Field
- Cafe Tola is expanding into the Sweet Sensations former space
- Amazon Books now open
- Stumptown Coffee Roasters Cafe is now open inside Amazon Books
- Bow Truss Coffee Roasters was coming to Southport & Belmont (But who knows what will happen now)
- Ella Elli is now open from 4-Star Restaurant Group
- F.I.S.H. Poke Bar, Milk Money, Blue Crown Wings, Mac Royale and Melt 35 delivery/pickup only kitchen has opened at 3208-10 N. Southport
- LuluBelles Pancake House building was demolished and new retail/residences have been built and are for rent
- FlatTop Grill former space is for lease
- Real Good Juice Co. has opened at 3548 N. Southport
- LensCrafters has opened at 3428 N. Southport
- Elevare MD has opened next to Fleet Feet
- Tango Sur has expanded into Vivial's former location as as a Tapas Wine Bar and shop called Bodega Sur
- Whole Foods is now open at Lincoln, Ashland and Belmont
- Indira has moved to 3337 N. Southport
- 1342 W. Belmont mixed-use is under construction
- 3451-53 N. Southport actively being marketed for lease
- Please, someone do something with this building!!!!
The former Burger Boss location at 3208 N. Southport has a new delivery-only restaurant coming in called F.I.S.H. Poke Bar. You can see their menu via Postmates here. We will keep you posted as we hear more including opening dates. Thoughts?
Friday, December 9, 2016
If you and your family were dining at Crosby’s Kitchen Thursday night, you were in for an early Christmas present. Oliver the Ornament, a new Christmas book about one family’s collection of ornaments was given out to all family’s dining at the restaurant.
The books author, Todd Zimmermann from Lakeview decided to surprise the diners with the gifts as a way to say thanks to Chicago for all their support in launching this book, and as a way to spread kindness this holiday season. His campaign, The Kindness of Christmas is promoting daily acts of kindness that children and their families have submitted from across the country.
Since launching the book last year, Zimmermann has added an entire line of Oliver-related merchandise to his offerings and is now available in nearly 200 stores nationwide as well as at www.olivertheornament.com.
Monday, November 21, 2016
“MIRACLE ON 34TH STREET” FUNDRAISER ON DEC. 9TH AT MUSIC BOX THEATRE TO HELP FEED CHICAGO’S HOMELESS BECOMES A “MIRACLE ON SOUTHPORT”
Chicago is a great town for family Christmas traditions. And if you like fun family movies and great singalongs, then the long standing Christmas movie traditional at the Music Box should be on your list. This year we are adding another classic movie!
On December 9th, The Chicago Help Initiative is sponsoring a screening of “Miracle on 34th Street” at the Music Box Theater. The event dubbed “Miracle on Southport” will feature the original 1947 movie (starring Natalie Wood, Maureen O’Hara, and Edmund Gwenn), as well as a great local choir leading the sing along, a fabulous organist , a special guest appearance by Santa Claus (of course), holiday libations, and laughter.
Doors open at 6:00 p.m., with showtime and singalong starting at 7:00 p.m. in the big theater. Tickets are only $20, available at https://www.musicboxtheatre.com/films/miracle-on-southport-w-the-chicago-help-initiative
The show benefits the Chicago Help Initiative’s supper program – providing hot meals and life-changing resources to homeless individuals in downtown Chicago.
The event is open to the public. The Music Box Theatre is located at 3733 N Southport Ave, Chicago, IL 60613. Please join us for a wonderful evening for a good cause to help those in need. If you’re unable to attend the event but would still like to contribute, Candyality located a 3737 N. Southport Ave. (4 doors down from the Music Box) will be selling candy filled stockings from November 23-December 10, for $10 to be distributed to the homeless at the holiday dinner.
Learn more about The Chicago Help Initiative at www.ChicagoHelpInitiative.org
Tuesday, November 15, 2016
As you recall, Capital One Cafe with Peet's Coffee is coming to 3435 N. Southport Avenue. Construction is moving ahead and the Cafe is slated to open in the Spring or early Summer, 2017. The Cafe will be approximately 7,500 sq. feet, will offer 3 nooks and 2 meeting rooms for customers, neighborhood and community members/partners to utilize should they need a work or meeting space. Below are the official renderings provided to us by Capital One.
|Construction of Capital One Cafe, November 2016|
Monday, November 14, 2016
It's that time of year again! The annual Southport Holiday Stroll will be held on December 2, 2016 from 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM on Southport Avenue from Belmont to Irving Park Road. More information can be found here from the Lakeview Chamber of Commerce.
Thursday, November 3, 2016
November 3, 2016 around Wrigley Field was quite the buzz, and watching Theo Epstein walking around the ballpark was the icing on the cake. Congratulations, Chicago Cubs! -Your neighbors and friends in The Southport Corridor!
|Theo Epstein hanging around Wrigley Field after The World Series win|
|Theo Epstein with The Chicago Fire Department at Wrigley Field|